Sunday, 21 May 2017

Filled Under:

Anambra 2017: Aspirant sues Obiano over N9million charge to display posters

A governorship aspirant in Anambra on the platform of the Progressive Peoples Alliance, PPA, Godwin Ezeemo, has sued Governor Willie Obiano and the state government over N9million fee slammed on
each aspirant for the display of their posters.
The election is scheduled for November 18, 2017.

Ezeemo spoke on Saturday in a chat with Correspondents’ Chapel Forum of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Anambra.
The aspirant said he would not talk much on the court issue because it would be prejudicial.
He, however, explained that he took the action because the government’s decision was unconstitutional and unconscionable.
Ezeemo said “We are in court, so I won’t want to dwell much on that. But one fact is clear, Obiano cannot intimidate me.
“What I learnt and where (England) I had been have taught me that a leader must see himself as a servant to the people that voted him to power.



“He should serve the people well by making them happy for them to repose their confidence in him.
“It is with this mindset that I have come to give Anambra the very best they never had.
“No amount of threat and intimidation can stop this because it must happen by God’s will.”
Managing Director of Anambra State Signage and Advertisement Agency, Jude Emecheta, had announced that aspirants for the governorship election would pay N9m each before they could be permitted to paste their posters and notices.
He warned that any aspirant who would violate the rule would be sued accordingly, saying that the law did not permit indiscriminate pasting of posters.

Emecheta said the money realised from the levies would be used to clean up the mess generated by such posters after the elections.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular News