Wednesday, 6 September 2017

Filled Under:

Generator fumes allegedly kill couple in Edo

Generator fumes allegedly kill couple in Edo
Imafidon Ototie and his wife allegedly died of generator fumes, on Monday, in Benin, Edo State.
They were found dead in their apartment at Ototie Street, off Sapele Road in Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area.


Besides, one of their sons, whose identity could not be ascertained, was reportedly affected by the fumes and was rushed to the hospital for medical care.
The couple were believed to have been killed by fumes from a generator placed on a corridor in front of their room.
Their bodies were discovered by one of their sons, Bright, who did not sleep at home on that day.
Bright said he raised  the alarm when he returned home on Monday morning, only to discover that his parents were still sleeping.

He said: “It was like a spirit told him not to sleep at home that night which made him go to his friend’s place.
“I had been telling them to put off the generator but, they did not listen to me. It was like a spirit told me to leave the house and I left. I came back and saw their door locked, so I raised the alarm,” he said.
Eldest daughter of the deceased, Blessing, said she had warned her late parents to always put off the generator at night.
Their remains have yesterday been deposited in the mortuary. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular News